Minister Barr: VisitCanberra’s most liked Instagrams capture changing seasons
- Written by ACT Government
All four seasons were beautifully captured amongst the city and surrounding regional hotspots, comprising the most liked images for VisitCanberra’s Instagram in 2022.
The official tourism account for Canberra continues to grow awareness and visitation to the region by connecting with potential visitors and passionate locals in record numbers.
Outdoor and nature activities dominated this year’s top 10 most liked Instagram posts, continuing the trend which commenced in 2020. Popular outdoor recreational activities included visiting Namadgi National Park, Red Rock Gorge, and the Canberra Balloon Spectacular. Canberra’s seasonal vistas were a common trend throughout the top 10 liked images.
The post that received the most organic likes in 2022 was a reel of a wombat waddling through a Kambah Pools walking trail, captured by @danxtory. The video follows a wombat walking along the Murrumbidgee Discovery track and amassed more than 3,500 likes, 1,200 shares and 85 comments.
Canberra’s changing seasons were a common thread of popularity throughout the year, with locals and visitors alike sharing the unique experiences each season has to offer. Sunflower picking at Majura Valley Farm Gate, waking at dawn to the Canberra Balloon Spectacular and the patchwork displays of deciduous leaves were favourites throughout autumn.
As the cooler weather descended, snowy hikes through the Brindabella Ranges caught the eyes – and thumbs – of Instagram users. Come spring, blossom trees spotted around Canberra brought joy to the camera rolls of many. As for this summer, VisitCanberra anticipates Lake Burley Griffin will continue to provide inspiration for budding and professional photographers.
VisitCanberra received over 14,300 new followers on Instagram, with the account reaching over 1.2 million users. Fans of Canberra have embraced the #visitcanberra hashtag on Instagram, sharing more than 590,000 images photos that provide visitors and the community with inspiration since the hashtag’s inception.
VisitCanberra continues to be passionate about encouraging people to holiday in the national capital and, in turn, building a community of social media savvy advocates for the city.
Follow VisitCanberra at instagram.com/visitcanberra for inspiration and use #VisitCanberra on your posts for potential being featured.
@VisitCanberra’s 10 most liked Instagram posts for 2022
- @danxtory’s Wombat Walk at Kambah Pools, 3,559 likes
- @emari_coates’s Majura Valley Farm Gates Sunflowers, 3,232 likes
- @Rpackbiersphotography, @nicole2_photography and @boagshoags’s snowy Namadgi National Park and the Brindabella Ranges, 3,162 likes
- @booming_on’s Lennox Gardens in Autumn, 3,033 likes
- @bb_clickz, @brushandsnaps, @miranda_xu1998, @wanderlust73’s autumn trees, 2,810 likes
- @raphael.photosz, @grant_oloughlan, @happyfeetjournal, @wanderlust73’s Spring in the Capital, 2,731 likes
- @ianburns1974’s Snowy Square Rock, 2,574 likes
- @jasoncartwright.photos’s Red Rock Gorge, 2,470 likes
- @wanderlust73’s Canberra Balloon Spectacular, 2,420 likes
- @simplycheecky’s Canberra Balloon Spectacular, 2,202 likes
Click here to downloaded the images.
- Statement ends -
Andrew Barr, MLA | Media Releases